2.2 and 2.5
Getting the Codes
If you have fuel injection, this works on most Chrysler,
Plymouth, and Dodge cars made in the 1980s and 1990s.
- Start with the ignition off. Within five seconds, switch
the key on, off, on, off, on. (On is *not* start!)
- The "check engine" light will flash. Count the
flashes Each code is a two digit code, so a (for example)
23 would be FLASH FLASH (pause) FLASH FLASH FLASH (loong
- It will never flash more than 9 times, watch for pauses!
- 55 is end of codes, 33 is normal on earlier models if you
don't have air conditioning.
- Please note that some codes are NOT included below, this
is not a complete listing, but it IS very close to
On newer cars (mid-to-late 1990s, 2000s):